Effective Date: August 30, 2012
Information We Collect
If you choose to use the Site or the Services, we may require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information, and other Personal Information as indicated on the Site. Once you register on the Site, you are no longer anonymous to us. The information that we gather from you through the Site enables us to provide, maintain and improve the Site and the Services, personalize your experience, process your requests, and process the requests of others, and includes the following information:
- Personal Information that you provide to us or otherwise disclose or post in connection with the Site or the Services, which may include the following:
- Your name, address, country, email address, and other basic contact information;
- Your preferences, content, mobile device information, and credit card information;
- Discussion board posts, including photographs, videos and other content; and
- Communications and other messages, including correspondence between Big Cartel and you.
- Non-personally identifiable information that we gather on the Site, including your IP address, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site and individual pages on the Site and data that we may collect through cookies or other means. You can take steps to disable cookies on your browser; however, this may affect your ability to use the Site.
- If you enter into a separate Merchant User Agreement with us and create an online store to sell your products and services ("Store"), general information regarding you, your Store and the products and services offered through your Store.
- If you make a purchase through a Store, then we may gather your name, address, country, email address and other information related to such purchase. Payment information, such as your credit card number, may be collected and processed by a third party.
- General information regarding the Services you have registered to receive.
Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide the Services and products;
- resolve disputes, calculate and collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- verify users’ identity and the information users provide;
- encourage a safe online experience and enforce our policies;
- customize users’ experience, analyze usage of the Site, improve and measure interest in our Services, and inform users about Services, products and updates;
- provide users with information that may affect their use of the Site, the Services and products;
- communicate marketing and promotional offers to our users;
- provide customer service; and
- perform certain other business activities.
During the course of our business, we may use your Personal Information to deliver information to you that is targeted to your interests. Upon receipt of the first communication of this type, you will have the opportunity to opt-out of future communications by clicking on unsubscribe link or by following unsubscribe instructions described within the communication. If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, you can also contact us at support (at) bigcartel.com. However, as part of your registration for the Services, you may receive certain communications from Big Cartel, such as administrative announcements and customer service messages regarding the Services and products, and you will not be able to opt out of receiving such communications.
From time to time, we may implement solutions designed to more efficiently capture your communications preferences. In any such event, we will strive to reflect any previously stated communicated preferences within such solutions.
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may share and you hereby consent to our sharing of personal information with the following:
- Corporate affiliates to help coordinate the Services or products we provide to you, enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements, including the Merchant User Agreement with you (if any), and to promote trust and safety.
- Service providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of the Services and other products to our users. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following: maintaining servers, sending email, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, reviewing content and providing customer service. Unless we tell you differently, such service providers and other companies and people do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us and to provide you with requested goods and services.
- Third parties if we believe that disclosure is advisable or necessary to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Big Cartel, our employees, our users or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Persons or entities with whom you consent to have your Personal Information shared. For instance, when you request information, Services or products from us, from our affiliates or a third party through us, or when you post information to the Site, you provide your consent for us to share that information with others. Please note that whenever you post information on or through the Site you are giving us your consent to share that information with third parties.
- Other users of the Site. Some information about you, your account on the Site, your account activity and, if applicable, your Store will be provided to or otherwise accessible by other users of the Site. This may include the date you last logged into your account, pages that you have visited, your location, your preferences and other information that you choose to make public. Your user name, but not your email address, may be displayed to other users of the Site when you engage in certain activities or indicate certain preferences on the Site. Other users may be able to contact you, and you may be able to contact other users, through the Site.
Information Regarding Stores
If you enter into a separate Merchant User Agreement with us, then you must abide by the terms provided therein with regard to customer information.
Third Party Websites
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
If you are registered as a merchant to receive Big Cartel Services, you can access, review and modify your personal information at any time by logging into your account on the Site. Please note, however, that we may maintain a copy of the unmodified information in our records.
If You post messages using the Site’s community discussion boards or other message areas that may be made available on the Site, it will not be possible to later edit or delete those messages.
You may contact us at support (at) bigcartel.com to review any Personal Information we store about you that is not available on the Site, including information stored that is related to purchases made through a Store. There may be a charge associated with such requests.
We may delete Personal Information when we no longer need it for the purposes we described earlier. However, any information that you have made public may continue to be displayed unless you remove it. Additionally, We retain Personal Information as permitted by law to resolve disputes, enforce our policies, and help prevent bad guys from coming back.
Policy Toward Children
Big Cartel is concerned about the safety and privacy of children who use the Internet. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request Personal Information from anyone less than 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you become aware that your child under 13 years of age has provided us with Personal Information without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us at support (at) bigcartel.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our files.
Notification of Changes
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at the Site, please send a detailed message to support (at) bigcartel.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.